The goal of this Impact Report is to not only provide transparency into the financial health of Good Shepherd, but to also celebrate what God is doing both inside and outside

the church walls with resources He has provided for us.

Our world has been greatly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Here are two stories of people in our church family and how they've been impacted by the pandemic.

Community Impact

Good Shepherd's ministries and missions are still happening, though they look a bit different these days. Since the beginning of the pandemic, the people of Good Shepherd have rallied around our local community to show the love of Jesus in tangible ways. 

Beautiful Marriage Movement

After launching the the Beautiful Marriage Movement in 2019,  Good Shepherd held a number of events designed to engage the church family and the community by providing resources and enrichment for couples. 

 

With the pandemic in 2020, our focus on Beautiful Marriages pivoted slightly to reach couples virtually. The Beautiful Marriages staff team developed a website and social media resources to help grow our vision for beautiful marriages beyond the walls of the church buildings and even beyond our local community. 

Seed Packing Event

In August, more than 100 Good Shepherd families participated in an at-home missions opportunity by packing 12,500 seed packets that were distributed in the municipality of San Pedro Carchá and will be used for 10 family gardens. The expectation is that 20 percent of the harvest will be consumed by the ten families directly involved in the project. The remaining 80 percent of the harvest will be sold in the area. Families will receive a training session on entrepreneurship. The money generated from the harvest will be reinvested to buy farm equipment, seeds, bags, and other materials needed for subsequent production cycles. 

Virtual Vacation Bible eXperience

In June, 143 households (273 children) participated in our first ever Virtual Vacation Bible eXperience. Staff and over 28 volunteers mobilized to provide activity packets and interactive videos to help lead kids into their living relationship with Jesus Christ.

 

Families enjoyed learning Bible lessons alongside their kids and engaging in scavenger hunts, crafts, worship and more!

 

Breakfast in Bethlehem

Each December, Good Shepherd invites families from all over the community to our Zoar Campus to experience the sights, sounds (and even the smells!) of the first Christmas in Bethlehem. In 2019, more than 80 families and 300 people attended our third year of Breakfast in Bethlehem. Breakfast in Bethlehem is ON for 2020 and will happen on Saturday, December 5 from 9-11 AM at the Zoar Campus. Be on the lookout for more information as we get closer to Christmas!