Student Ministry Coordinator
How to Apply
Apply directly to HR@gsumc.org
About Good Shepherd’s Student Ministry
Good Shepherd's (GS) student ministry serves an average of 150 middle and high school students in our 5 weekly gatherings across 2 campuses. In addition to weekly gatherings, our student ministry is both "in here" and receiving ministry inside the church walls and "out there" by participating in global missions, social justice causes and other service projects. GS students seeks to empower young people to influence their world through their own living relationship with Jesus Christ.
About this position
The Student Ministry Coordinator will develop, coordinate, and evaluate the ministries involving students at Good Shepherd by the utilization of volunteer teams to support the mission of inviting all people into a living relationship with Jesus Christ.
Full-time following 90-day evaluation period; 40+ hours per week; exempt.
Key areas of responsibility include...
· Coordinate weekly programming for middle and high school students
· Oversee student LifeGroup attendance
· Schedule volunteers and leaders for all student programming
· Meet with volunteers regularly for care, training and rapport-building
· Assists with parent and family communications
· Collaborate with Student Pastor to coordinate events including but not limited to Winter Retreat, mission trips, outreach events, etc.
· Connect with students outside of student programming
For this position, you should have…
· BA or BS degree in related field
· Experience overseeing and directing volunteers
· Experience leading student programing in a medium/large modern style church
· Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
· A relational and pastoral heart
· The ability to work in an environment with multiple areas of responsibility
· A team-player mentality
Good Shepherd can offer…
· Competitive, full-time salary and benefits including healthcare, dental insurance, healthcare spending/reimbursement accounts, retirement benefits and other types of insurance.
· A team-oriented and dynamic work environment