What is your Safety and Disinfecting Plan?
Using the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the American Academy of Pediatrics as well as day care and school best practices, we will incorporate arrival screenings and disinfection protocol throughout the day to reduce the risk of infection for students and staff. We will educate students and staff on sanitation best practices and enforce the wearing of masks, maintaining physical distancing, proper handwashing, limiting use of shared objects, sanitizing hands and disinfecting shared objects. Each student will be assigned a supply box that only they will use. We will maximize the use of “family” groups and limit the interaction between groups to minimize contact throughout the day. Keeping students and staff safe will be everyone’s responsibility.
What if someone in the Preschool tests positive for COVID-19?
In the event of an infection, we will follow CDC and Good Shepherd Church guidelines on protocol. As we continue to learn more about the virus and its effects, this plan may be updated. The current plan includes:
- Keeping a daily roster of students and staff for contact tracing and communication purposes
- Notifying all students and staff affected by the infection
- Temporarily closing the facility for deep cleaning
- Requiring isolation of the infected person and those potentially exposed
- Discontinuing isolation after resolution of fever, improvement of symptoms and two negative COVID-19 test results
- Reopening the facility once it is deemed safe to do so.